Online and telephone payments will be unavailable from 1pm Monday 20 November to 12pm Tuesday 21 November due to an essential system upgrade.
Please note: the garden waste collection service will be suspended from Monday 18 December until Friday 9 February.
In January 2017 the collection of garden waste from households in the Lancaster district became a subscription-only service. You will need to opt in and pay the subscription fee if you want the council to collect your garden waste.
The charge is being introduced to plug a budget black hole that will see the costs of collecting household waste boom from £2.85million to £4.14 million over the next few years.
This is as a result of losing funding from Lancashire County Council towards the recycling service, along with ongoing reductions in funding from central government.
- For full details download our garden waste collection leaflet (PDF, 1MB)
- View garden waste frequently asked questions
Subscription and cost:
- This is an opt-in service - you only pay if you wish to use the service
- The subscription cost is £37.50 per bin from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
- The opportunity to share a bin with a neighbour would halve the costs for you both
- If you don't already have a green bin, call us on 01524 582491 to order one. Please note that a delivery charge applies
- Once you have paid for the service you will receive a sticker to place on your bin. The collection crew will also have a list of subscribed properties
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis and collection dates remain the same. Please ensure you put your bin out by 7am on your scheduled collection day. If you have lost your calendar you can check your collection dates online
- Only garden waste must be placed in the green bin
- If you choose not to opt in you can either compost your green waste at home or take it to one of the household waste recycling centres operated by Lancashire County Council
- You are subscribing to a collection service that runs until 31 March 2018 (suspended from Monday 18 December until Friday 9 February).
- Subscriptions for the collection service from 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 will be made available in early 2018
Last updated: 17 October 2017